Kohima: A policeman from the 7th Nagaland Armed Police (NAP) Battalion, who is currently deployed in Delhi, has tested positive for Coronavirus or COVID-19.
Confirming this with EastMojo, home commissioner Abhijit Sinha said that the policemen who was taken to a hospital in Delhi tested COVID-19 positive on Thursday.
“He is a jawan of the 7th NAP who is right now deployed in Delhi under Delhi Police,” Sinha said, adding that the policeman is in the rank of a Naik.
“We have our officers, battalion officers there who are in touch and are taking care of it. Right now, he is admitted at RML (Ram Manohar Lohia) Hospital and he is doing fine,” Sinha told EastMojo.
7th NAP commandant Vilhousie Peseyie told EastMojo that 12 personnel who came in close contact with the COVID-19 patient were sent for COVID-19 sample testing on Friday and the results are awaited.
Peseyie informed that a quarantine facility (community centre) has been allotted to the Nagaland Police in coordination with the Delhi Police. Up to 34 persons of the patient’s close contacts will be shifted and kept under quarantine from Friday evening onwards, he informed.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border