Guwahati: Another six people from Tezpur quarantine centre have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 222 cases, informed state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday.
Informing about the same, the minister wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ Six persons from Tezpur quarantine centre are found #COVID19 +. All of them belong to Sonitpur district.”
On Friday, the state reported 12 new cases. So far, Assam recorded 222 COVID-19 cases, the highest in the northeastern region, with 161 active cases, 54 discharged, 4 deaths and 3 people have migrated to other states.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA