Guwahati: With three new persons getting infected, Assam reported 49 cases of COVID-19 so far in a single day on Friday. With this, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases has gone up to 259 in the state.
The three new cases have been reported from Nagaon, Sivasagar and Tinsukia, respectively.
Announcing the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ Three more #COVID19 + cases detected, one each from Nagaon, Sivasagar and Tinsukia.
* Total cases 259
* Recovered 54
* Active cases 198
* Deaths 04
* Migrated 03
Update 9.15 pm / May 22″
Assam has reported 259 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 54 patients have been discharged, four have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 198 active cases.
- AFI partners with IOS Sports to raise bar of Indian Athletics
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme