Guwahati: Another two persons at Silchar quarantine centre tested positive for COVID-19, taking the state’s total to 216 cases, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday.
Of the two cases, one patient is from Cachar district, and the other is from Hailakandi district.
Informing about the same on twitter, the minister wrote, “Alert ~ Two persons from Silchar quarantine centre are found #COVID19 +. One each from Cachar and Hailakandi.”
On Friday, the state reported 6 new COVID cases. Assam has reported 216 cases of which 155 are active cases, 54 have been discharged, 4 are dead and 3 migrated to different states.
- Pro-Khalistani protesters attack Indian Consulate in San Francisco
- I cannot be intimidated by police, cases: Rahul Gandhi
- Indo-Bangla border along Dhubri ‘hot zone of crime’: Assam CM
- AI route to stem jumbo deaths: NFR, RailTel ink MoU for IDS
- Nagaland: Southern Angami Body lifts movement ban on Mao Nagas
- Assam: IGNCA observes 36th Foundation Day