Guwahati: Another two persons at Silchar quarantine centre tested positive for COVID-19, taking the state’s total to 216 cases, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday.
Of the two cases, one patient is from Cachar district, and the other is from Hailakandi district.
Informing about the same on twitter, the minister wrote, “Alert ~ Two persons from Silchar quarantine centre are found #COVID19 +. One each from Cachar and Hailakandi.”
On Friday, the state reported 6 new COVID cases. Assam has reported 216 cases of which 155 are active cases, 54 have been discharged, 4 are dead and 3 migrated to different states.
- Assam Police introduces helpline for Arunachal travellers, vehicles
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest