Guwahati: Another 2 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday taking the state tally to 214 cases, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Both the patients are from Sivasagar district, and they were quarantined at Jorhat quarantine centre.
Informing about the same, Sarma wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ Two persons from Sivasagar in quarantine at our Jorhat centre are found #COVID19 +
Total cases 214
Active cases 153
Earlier in the morning, Assam reported 2 COVID-19 cases from the zonal quarantine centre at Tezpur University. One was from Dhakuakhana and another Udalguri.
Assam has so far reported 214 cases of whcih 153 are active, 54 have been discharged, 3 have migrate to other states, and 4 persons have passed away.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900