Guwahati: Twenty-six people from Sarusajai quarantine centre in Guwahati have tested positive for COVID-19, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday evening. This take’s the state’s total to 256 cases.
Informing about the same, the minister wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ In the biggest one-time spike in cases, 26 cases are confirmed #COVID19 +. They are all from Sarusajai Quarantine Centre.
Total cases 256
Active cases 195
With 256 cases, Assam is leading the COVID-19 count among the eight Northeast states. It has 195 active cases, 54 people have recovered, 4 people have passed away and 3 migrated to other states.
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case