New Delhi: A 24 year-old youth who returned from Delhi with his wife on May 15 and was put under home quarantine as per the mandatory guidelines issued by the government, allegedly committed suicide at Umri Begumgunj area of Uttar Pradesh.
The local police said that the youth and his wife were staying in a hut outside the village and the man killed himself after an argument with his wife. The wife was not at home when the incident happened, the police said.
The police further mentioned that the youth’s family house was very small and he had erected a small hut to quarantine himself and his wife. The body has since been sent to the hospital for postmortem, said reports.
According to locals, the youth and his family were very poor and he was suffering from depression due to the financial crisis amid the ongoing nationwide lockdown to control the coronavirus pandemic.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art