Guwahati: Another two persons from zonal quarantine centre at Tezpur University, Tezpur have tested positive for COVID-19, increasing the state’s tally to 212 cases. The positive persons belong to Dhakuakhana and Udalguri respectively.
Informing about the same, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ Two persons at Zonal Quarantine Centre at Tezpur Univ test #COVID19 +
1 each from Dhakuakhana & Udalguri
Total cases 212
Active cases 151
Update 8.00 am / May 22”
Assam now has 212 cases, which is the highest in the Northeastern region followed by Tripura.
Of the reported cases, 151 are active cases and 54 people have been discharged. Four deaths have been reported and three persons have migrated to other states.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity