Guwahati: In a horrific act of animal abuse, a case has been registered in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh against three people for allegedly killing a pet dog.
One of the accused was allegedly bitten by the canine. He came back with his friends and brutally killed the dog. The canine’s owner had assured the accused that his pet had been inoculated for rabies. But the accused was in no state to listen, hence there was an altercation between the owner and the accused.
The accused trio, beat up the chained canine and then tied a wire around its neck and hung him from the stairs. The pet dog died due to suffocation.
The owner filed a complaint with the Ratibad police station against the three men. According to a statement by police officials, the three men just stood there and watched the dog die and even took the body with them, all this while the distressed owner begged them to release the dog.
The FIR is lodged under IPC section 506 (criminal intimidation) and section 429 (killing or maiming an animal). As of now, the three accused are on the run.
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme
- COVID-19 virus test results may vary based on time of day: Study
- Northeast got ‘step-motherly treatment’ under Congress: Sonowal