Guwahati: In a horrific act of animal abuse, a case has been registered in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh against three people for allegedly killing a pet dog.
One of the accused was allegedly bitten by the canine. He came back with his friends and brutally killed the dog. The canine’s owner had assured the accused that his pet had been inoculated for rabies. But the accused was in no state to listen, hence there was an altercation between the owner and the accused.
Also Read: PHOTOS | COVID19: Assam woman ensures animals don’t remain hungry
The accused trio, beat up the chained canine and then tied a wire around its neck and hung him from the stairs. The pet dog died due to suffocation.
The owner filed a complaint with the Ratibad police station against the three men. According to a statement by police officials, the three men just stood there and watched the dog die and even took the body with them, all this while the distressed owner begged them to release the dog.
Also Read: SC imposes stay order on Tripura High Court’s animal sacrifice ban
The FIR is lodged under IPC section 506 (criminal intimidation) and section 429 (killing or maiming an animal). As of now, the three accused are on the run.
- Indian envoy in Canada cancels event due to security concerns
- NFI to organise Lamka Youth Summit 2023 across NE states
- Mizoram: Two women arrested with heroin worth Rs 60 lakh
- Meghalaya CM: 726 drug-related cases registered, 1,330 arrested
- Mizoram: Amit Shah to inaugurate Assam Rifles complex on April 1
- Football-crazy Manipur gets ready to host Indian team for first time