Dimapur: Naga ace guitarist Arenlong Longkumer won the Strandberg India Guitar Contest by the Stockist. The nationwide contest attracted a lot of talent.
The top six were declared on the official The Stockist Facebook page, they included Subhagata Singha, Pong Di, Arenlong Longkumer, Bishwadeep Sikder, Toshimoa Jamir and David Clifton Crimson. They were judged by Anthony Cammarota, Chandresh Kudwa, Keshav Dhar, Shon Pinto, Strandberg Guitars, Ashish Modasia and Alberto Dias.
The final winner was decided by a countrywide audience poll. Arenlong Longkumer won with 2802 votes. The ace guitarist will be getting a Strandberg Boden Standard Trem 6 Bengal Burst worth Rs 1,78,500. Longkumer is well known across the country for his guitar playing skills. He has previously won several titles including best guitarist at the Hornbill International Rock Contest 2013.
Speaking to EastMojo, Longkumer said, “I had fun while writing the piece but there were also some frustrating moments during the writing process and of course more so during the video shoot.”
“To be honest, it’s a blend of mixed emotions and I am still processing it but at this moment, I feel very honoured.” Longkumer further went on to add that “It was so fun to get to know each of the contestants, we were all competing but we enjoyed chatting and getting to know each other. These guys are not just awesome players but awesome people as well.”
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity