New Delhi: An indian businessman from Kerala won $1 million in Dubai Duty Free lottery draw. Rajan Kurian, a contractor by profession from Kottayam, bought the tickets online.
While speaking to the media, Kurian said that he was grateful for the win, considering the gloomy circumstances prevailing around the globe amid the coronavirus pandemic. “I will set aside a good part of my win to help the needy. I feel grateful with the win but I need to share it with people who need it,” he told a Dubai-based media outlet over phone from his hometown in Kerala.
Kurian also said that he will invest some of the money into growing his construction business. “The last few months have been tough with the COVID-19 situation. My business has come to a standstill. This money will be put to good use,” he added.
Another Indian man also won a BMW motorcycle in the draw. A resident of Dubai for 30 years, Syed Hydrose Abdulla, who works in a beverage company, had also bought the ticket online for Dubai Duty Free draw.
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity
- Manipur Police marks 130th Raising Day, CM says memorial park nearing completion