Guwahati: One person from Barpeta district of Assam has tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday bring the state’s total to 189 cases, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ One new #COVID19 positive case confirmed at Barpeta Medical College, where the tests were done. The patient is at Kokrajhar Quarantine Centre.
Total cases 189
Active cases 134
Update 9:20 am / May 21”
Assam has so far reported 189 cases of which 134 are active cases, 48 recovered, four deaths and three patients have migrated to other states.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion