Guwahati: Assam government has issued a new standard operating procedure (SOP) under which, unless 200 cases are reported from a single district, no district shall be categorised as a red, orange or green zone, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma during a press conference of Thursday.
Sarma said that Assam will follow the system of containment zone and buffer zone. Under this, when a new case is found in any area, the DC and health authorities will visit the site and the possible area of infection will be declared as containment zone with some buffer zone.
In the containment zone, no activities will be allowed, however, in the buffer some, some activities will be permitted. One way to see it is that the containment zones are red while the buffer zones are orange added the minister.
He said that more precision-based activity will ensure there is no panic in the district and economic activities are not disturbed in the area.
“Henceforth we are going to follow containment zone and buffer zone policy. So that the place where the infection is found, we can attack the area.”
Dr B Barooah Cancer Institute no more a containment zone
The minister also informed that the order of Dr B Barooah Cancer Institute being a containment zone will be lifted on Friday. The institute was declared as a containment zone after a deceased COVID-19 patient had stayed in the staff quarters.
- Palestinian rights groups see muzzle in Israel’s terror tag
- US urges NKorea to stop missile tests and return to talks
- India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier begins 2nd phase sea trials
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai