Guwahati: Another eight persons have been found to be positive for COVID-19 in Assam, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
While three are from Kokrajhar, two each are from Sivasagar & Dhubri, respectively, and one from Dibrugarh district. With this, the total number of novel coronavirus cases in the state has soared to 199. While 54 patients have recovered, there are 138 active cases, four have died and three migrated to other states.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma said: “Alert ~ Eight persons found #COVID19 positive – 3 from Kokrajhar; 2 from Sivasagar; 2 from Dhubri; 1 from Dibrugarh.
* Total cases 199
* Recovered 54
* Active cases 138
* Deaths 04
* Migrated 03
Update 6.30 pm / May 21.”
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action
- Active COVID-19 cases lowest in 221 days
- Prominent personalities request B’desh PM to act against vandals