Guwahati: To ensure smooth conduct of the pending exams of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class X and Class XII board exams, the home ministry has written to all the states to grant exemption from lockdown measures to conduct the examinations.
In a letter dated May 20, home secretary Ajay Bhalla said, “Taking into consideration the academic interest of large number of students, it has been decided to grant exemption from lockdown measures to conduct Board examination for classes 10th & 12th.”
The exams for the pending subjects will be held between July 1 and 15.
However, there will be a few conditions like wearing mask by students and teachers is mandatory and social distancing is to be maintained. Also, all exam centres will have the provision of thermal scanning and sanitisers.
The letter also said that no examination centre will be permitted in the containment zone, and special buses are to be arranged by the state/UTs for transportation of the students to the exam centres.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary