Guwahati: A day after Assam reported a staggering number of coronavirus cases, seven COVID-19 patients were discharged on Wednesday, bringing the total number of cured persons in the state to 48, out of 157 reported cases.
The seven patients who have been discharged include Dr Likhithesh from Gauhati Medical College & Hospital, two from Jorhat Medical College & Hospital, and four from Silchar Medical College & Hospital.
Informing about the same on Twitter, health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote, “Glad that 7 patients including Dr Likhithesh Das from GMCH; 2 from Jorhat Medical College & Hospital; 4 from Silchar Medical College & Hospital have been discharged today. With this, active cases count now at 102, discharged 48.”
Assam has so far reported 157 cases of which 102 are active and 48 persons have been discharged. 4 COVID-19 deaths have been reported and 3 persons have migrated to other states.
- Assam: Elephant found dead in Goalpara
- Assam: Afghan national arrested in Biswanath
- CM issues directions for smooth disbursal of pension in Assam
- Pol parties, civil society in Tripura condemn Bangladesh violence
- India enhances day and night surveillance over LAC in Arunachal sector
- Assam’s COVID positivity rate crosses 1 pc mark again within four days