Washington: US President Donald Trump threatened to permanently freeze the US funding to the World Health Organization (WHO) if “major substantive improvements” are not made within the next 30 days. The President also said that the US will “reconsider” its membership in the organisation.
Taking to twitter, Trump tweeted images of a lengthy letter that was sent to WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Monday. Trump informed the director-general saying “if the World Health Organization does not commit to major substantive improvements within the next 30 days, I will make my temporary freeze of United States funding to the World Health Organization permanent and reconsider our membership in the organization.”
Washington had earlier suspended the funding to the World Health Organization in mid-April, accusing it of being too close to Beijing and covering up and mismanaging the coronavirus pandemic.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers