Shillong: ‘Naturally Fresh’, a packaged drinking water brand manufactured by Garo Hills Beverages based in Mendipathar, North Garo Hills has been charged by the District Consumer Forum for supplying water that is unfit for consumption. The complaint was filed by Imtiyala B Marak, office assistant of the forum.
“This is not the only incident, but there have been several complaints regarding the same. The water contains impurity which I believe if consumed would cause several health problems,” mentioned Marak in the complaint.
The complainant has urged that a notice should be issued to the manufacturers to immediately stop them from selling any more units of their product until an inquiry has been conducted.
The District Consumer Forum had filed the complaint on May 13, 2020, but the case was registered after 7 days on Tuesday, May 19.
A sample bottle manufactured in March has also been submitted as proof, according to the complaint.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border