Agartala: Four more persons have tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday in Tripura taking the total number of cases in the state to 173.
A total of 850 samples were tested for COVID-19 on Tuesday out of which four persons tested positive for the COVID-19.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb announced this development,“850 samples have been tested for #COVID19 today and among them 4 persons found POSITIVE.
All four #COVID19 patients have returned from Chennai and are now under treatment.
We are committed to ensure your safety. Stay safe! #TripuraCOVID19Count.”
All the four patients had returned from Chennai on the Shramik Special train and their samples were collected upon their arrival to Agartala on Monday.
A total of 1,183 samples were collected on Tuesday from across the state, out of which 700 samples were tested in the lab. 27 persons were released from the COVID care centre and presently only 46 persons are at Govinda Ballabh Pant hospital and five persons in GBP hospital.
So far in Tripura 18,604 persons have been placed under surveillance, out of which 14,003 persons were released after completion of 14 days observation period. Currently there are 253 persons in facility quarantine while 4,343 persons in-home quarantine.
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle
- Biden to host Indo-Pacific leaders as China concerns grow