Guwahati: Assam reported six more COVID-19 cases around 11 am on Tuesday. Out of these six persons, two each were reported from Jorhat and Golaghat and one each from Kokrajhar and Nagaon districts of the state. Now, the total number of COVID-19 positive patients in the state has risen to 121.
Informing this on Twitter, Assam minister for health and family welfare Himanta Biswa Sarma has said that one of the Jorhat patients had returned from Chennai while the other came from Darjeeling. All these persons are in quarantine.
According to Sarma, out of the total number of COVID-19 patents in Assam, 41 have already been discharged, 74 are active and four patients have died so far. Altogether, two patients migrated from the state.
Earlier on Monday, 15 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in the state.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation