Guwahati: 13 people from Sarusajai quarantine centre have tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday evening taking the state’s total to 154 cases.
Informing about the same, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, “Alert – 13 new #COVID + cases detected from Sarusajai Quarantine Centre. Now the total patient count goes to 154.
In view of the rising number I earnestly request you to #StayAtHome and follow #SocialDistancing & hygiene norms.”
In what can be termed as the largest spike in Assam in a single day, the state reported 39 COVID cases today.
Assam has reported 154 cases so far with 107 active cases and 4 deaths. 41 people have been cured and discharged, and 2 persons have migrated to other states.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence