Agartala: Two more persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Tripura, after a gap of two days from the 86th battalion of BSF unit in Ambassa under Dhalai district. 11 persons had tested positive for the coronavirus including four civilians on May 16.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb announced the development, “467 samples have been tested for #COVID19 and among them 2 persons found #POSITIVE from 86th-Bn BSF, Ambassa.
All the POSITIVE patients are under proper medical care. I pray for their speedy recovery. We are committed to ensure your safety.
Earlier law minister, Ratan Lal Nath informed that three more patients from the BSF unit including one child were discharged on Monday taking the total number of discharged patients to 88. There are currently 80 active cases in the state.
“All patients are stable and are undergoing treatment at the COVID care centre. On Tuesday another 27 persons will be released from the hospital and shifted to facility quarantine”, Nath said.
A total of 775 samples were tested on Monday and among them 350 test came negative till 6 pm.
Tripura has 167 Covid-19 positive cases of which 88 patients were released while 2 have migrated and 77 are active.
Meanwhile, the three-member team from the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) from NEIGRIHMS Shillong visited Ambassa and Kamalpur in Dhalai district in the last two days.
The team is inspecting the source of the outbreak and would submit their report to the government.
- Rescuers try to raise buried coach at triple rail crash site as death toll is 261
- Not on my watch: How boxer Sarita Devi saved her Kuki students from the mob
- Nagaland: State round table of NE global investors summit ’23 held
- Assam’s Jaramkhuria to be converted into zero-waste village
- COVID-19: India records 237 new cases, active caseload declines to 3,502
- Indian American Ajay Banga takes over as World Bank President