Guwahati: As the number of COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Assam, health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that there is no need to worry, as all the recent cases were under quarantine.
Addressing a press meet on Monday, the minister said that there is no need to panic.
Alleviating fears of community transmission, Sarma said, “If our quarantine system works well, then irrespective of number, community transmission won’t happen.”
The minister informed that the state has bumped up its tasting capacity, with almost 40,000 tests conducted so far. Assam currently has 7 ICMR accredited laboratories.
The state has so far reported 104 cases of which, 58 are active cases, 41 cured, 3 deaths and 2 patients have migrated to other states.
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly
- Nagaland Lottery September 24: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shiva Thapa eyes fresh record at world championship as ‘the senior one’
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 24