Guwahati: #BanTikTok is trending at the number 1 position on Twitter on Monday. This follows a very disturbing video made by TikTok ‘influencer’ Faizal Siddiqui that has gone viral. It shows Siddiqui promoting acid attacks. The video, which has been removed, showed Faizal asking a question in Hindi, “Did the man leave you? The same man for whom you abandoned me?” followed by a splash of some liquid. The scene then immediately shifted to a woman with scar marks on her face (make-up)
The video-sharing app TikTok has had a love-hate relationship in India.
Rekha Sharma, the chairman of the National Commission for Women (NCW) on May 18 took to Twitter to share that they have taken cognisance of the ‘viral’ video. NCW wrote to TikTok India to block Siddiqui from the platform. Reportedly Siddiqui has over 13 million followers in his account. Additionally, Sharma has also written to DGP Maharashtra to take legal action Siddiqui.
A change.org petition is also up with ban TikTok in India and over 30 thousand people have signed it till now.
Twitteratis took to the platform to share their views and opinions about the video making and sharing app.
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection
- Assam: Two militants of newly formed outfit killed in Kokrajhar
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu