Guwahati: A 71-year-old COVID-19 patient with co-morbidities who had returned from Mumbai, passed away at Gauhati Municipal Corporation and Hospital (GMCH) on Monday due to respiratory distress becoming Assam’s 3rd coronavirus death.
Informing about the death, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote on Twitter, “Extremely sad to share that Gopindra Ch Malakar 71, who returned from Mumbai & had neck cancer + Covid + passed away at 11.05 am at GMCH owing to respiratory distress. Doctors did their best. DME has reached & DC informed for other formalities.
The minister informed that the deceased’s wife and son, suspected of COVID-19 have been shifted to MMCH Guwahati from Radisson Blu hotel.
This comes after two new cases were detected in the state on Monday morning. One is from Jorhat and another from Nagaon. they are both in quarantine centres.
Total COVID-19 cases in Assam are 102 of which 56 are active cases and 41 people have been cured and discharged. Three deaths have been reported, and two patients migrated to other states.
- India sees over 18K new COVID-19 cases, 160 deaths
- Humbling experience: Salma Hayek on playing superhero in her 50s
- Right to seek default’ bail indefeasible part of right to personal liberty: HC
- CoWIN can be customised, scaled up for health interventions: MEA official
- Sikkim reports 17 fresh COVID-19 cases, one new fatality
- Arunachal a goldmine for adventure tourism: Mountaineer Anshu Jamsenpa