Shillong: A relief for the state of Meghalaya as the results of the remaining 7 persons who tested positive by Rapid Diagnostic Test kits have tested negative. In another development, the lone active COVID-19 case in the state tested negative in the first retest.
Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma on Sunday in his tweet said, “All the individuals, who came from outside North East, till now, and tested initially positive in the rapid test (antibody test), were tested for Covid-19 through RT-PCR test, and all those cases have come out negative.”
The lone case which was the last positive COVID-19 case was detected on May 9.
Sangma said, “Retest of the lone active case (positive patient) was done again, and the test has come out negative. As per protocol, the patient will have to be tested again after 24 hours.”
The lone case is currently quarantined at Shillong Civil Hospital. The patient will remain in the hospital until the health officials confirm as recovered.
According to health officials, the 7 people from East Khasi Hills tested negative will now complete their quarantine period at home.
- China says COVID-19 visa curbs against stranded Indians ‘appropriate’
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- NASA’s image of the ‘Hand of God’ in space has netizens baffled
- Meghalaya: Dr. Nalin Mehta is new NEIGRIHMS director
- Netflix: Coming of age series ‘Sex Education’ renewed for Season 4
- Boxing legend Mike Tyson to make Bollywood debut with ‘Liger’