Guwahati: A person from Assam’s Cachar district, who travelled back to the state from Chennai on Saturday, tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, becoming the 97th case in Assam, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “A 28-year person from Cachar dist, who arrived from Chennai yesterday, has tested #COVID +. He is now under treatment at Silchar Medical College & Hospital.”
In the last 24 hours, the state has recorded six new COVID cases.
Currently, Assam has a total 97 cases, 52 active cases with 41 recovered cases. The state has reported 2 deaths and 2 patients have migrated.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands