Guwahati: On Saturday night, four more persons were found to be COVID-19 positive in Assam, bringing the state’s tally to 95.
Of these fresh cases, two are from Guwahati and one each from Sonitpur and Sivasagar districts. The Sivasagar patient is at Jorhat quarantine centre.
Informing about this, state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, “On May 16 NIGHT, 4 more #COVID19 + cases were detected – 2 from Guwahati, 1 each from Sonitpur & Sivasagar, taking total cases to 95; active 50. In view of developing situation, I urge elderly (65+) & children below 10 to strictly stay inside, unless very important.”
Both the patients from Guwahati were shifted to Mahendra Mohan Choudhury Hospital (MMCH) in an evacuation process in the early hours of Sunday.
Currently, Assam has 95 cases, with 50 are active cases, 41 cured, two deaths and two migrated cases.
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister
- Kashmiri tycoon Sahil Zaroo in jail for ‘raping’ NE girl, bail hearing today
- Twitterati take farmers’ protest online, urge UN to intervene
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 23
- NASA: Hubble discovers 6 massive ‘dead’ galaxies that ran out of gas