Guwahati: In view of the detection of new COVID-19 cases and in the interest of maintenance of public hygiene and to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus in Guwahati, the Kamrup (Metropolitan) district administration has declared three places in the city as containment zones, as per separate orders issued by the deputy commissioner on Sunday.
The orders, effective Saturday, have declared Katahbari area as a containment zone; the boundaries are Natun Basti Gandhi Path in the north, approach road to the residence of A Awal in the south; Mara Bharalu and Dr Bhupen Hazarika Path in the east, and approach road to the residence of Abul Kalam Azad and Prajyotish English High School in the west.
As per another order, Fatasil Tiniali area has also been declared a containment zone, the boundaries are — north: residence of Kamal Kalita and others; south: Godown of Sunny Steel; east: land plot of Dilip Das, and west: AK Dev Road.
Yet another order has put Rukiminigaon area of Guwahati as a containment zone; the boundaries are — north: Showroom of Bimal Nexa; south: Tri-junction, bye lane no. 2/ SK Baruah road; east: Manasha Mandir; and south: residence of Sitangshu Sekhar Dey.
Unauthorised entry and exit of individuals and vehicles from the containment zones is barred till the area is declared safe by the authorities concerned.
Any violation of this order will attract action under the provisions of Assam COVID-19 Regulations, 2020, Disaster Management Act-2005, Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and other relevant laws of the nation, the orders said.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence