New Delhi: In a shocking incident that has come to light, Visakhapatnam police chained, dragged on the road, thrashing indiscriminately a doctor who was suspended by the government two months ago after he alleged openly about shortage of N-95 masks for doctors.
Hundreds of people remained mute spectators to the inhuman treatment by the police on Dr. Sudhakar. The police tied his hands behind his back and went on thrashing him before dumping him in an auto to take him to the police station. Dr Sudhakar in March spoke openly about his allegations that the doctors at the hospitals were not provided N-95 masks and were asked to use one mask for 15 days.
The health department placed him under suspension, charging him with spreading false information. Vishakhapatnam police commissioner RK Meena announced that a constable was also suspended for brutally torturing the doctor.
- Bharat Biotech awaits feedback from WHO for Covaxin EUL
- Jagdish Mukhi takes oath as 20th governor of Nagaland
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along