New Delhi: Around 15 inmates of Rohini jail in New Delhi have tested positive for coronavirus. This comes days after an inmate of the same jail was found positive for COVID-19.
According to reports, Delhi prisons department had earlier conducted COVID-19 test on 19 inmates after one of the inmates was found positive. Fifteen of these 19 inmates have now tested positive for coronavirus. Also, a staff member of the jail has tested positive.
All the persons found positive are asymptomatic and are kept in isolation quarantine barrack.
Meanwhile, Delhi has crossed the 9,000-mark in the number of coronavirus cases as the national capital recorded 438 new cases and six deaths linked to the virus in the past 24 hours. This takes the total number of COVID-19 cases to 9,333 with 129 deaths.
Delhi has the fourth-highest COVID-19 tally in the country after Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat.
About 3,926 patients have recovered so far in Delhi, as per Delhi government’s daily bulletin. There are about 76 containment zones in the national capital at the moment, as per reports.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border