Guwahati: Two more persons related to the ‘Aloo Godam’ case of Guwahati tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday afternoon, taking Assam’s tally to 91.
Informing about it, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ 2 more persons, related to Aloo Godam case, test #COVID19 + in Guwahati.”
According to the latest information given by the minister, the patients are Mahendra Shah (57) and Suman Thakur (20). One is a thela wala, and the other a barber. Both are from Kumarpara area of Guwahati.
After Mungru Sahani, who used to work at Aloo Godam, was found positive, swabs of the workers who worked with him were collected, and the area was declared a containment zone. He was residing at Rajkamal Hotel in Fancy Bazaar, the commercial hub of Guwahati, which was also declared a containment zone.
So far, around 17 contacts of Sahani have tested positive for the virus.
Currently, Assam has total 91 cases of which 46 are active cases. 41 people have been cured and discharged, 2 patients have migrated and the state has reported 2 fatalities.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion