Itanagar: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state president Biyuram Wahge on Saturday said that Arunachal Pradesh has always been dependent on the Centre and so it is in today’s date for many things.
Wahge said this while replying to queries on why the state government had not prepared itself for a crisis like the present pandemic and set up “at least” a cold storage for local produces despite knowing the potential of the state in terms of its agriculture sector.
The BJP president, who was addressing reporters at the party head office in Itanagar on Saturday, had stated that Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s announcements of a third tranche of economic package would help the farmers in terms of storage and primary processing.
Wahge further said that no specific amount has been fixed or sanctioned for Arunachal Pradesh from the Centre in regards to COVID-19 relief package of Rs 20 lakh crore. “However, each announcement made by the Central government will sure boost the state’s infrastructure, formalisation of micro food enterprises, developing animal husbandry etc,” he added.
He said the Central government will decide on how much amount will be given to Arunachal.
The state BJP president further informed that 3,064 BJP workers are working day and night to stop the spread of corona virus in the state. “So far, 30,728 food packets, 5,529 ration kits and 76,461 pieces of masks have been distributed throughout the state,” he said.
“In all, 5,088 BJP workers from Arunachal Pradesh have donated to PM Care,” he said.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA