Guwahati: The Assam government has made some changes in the department of home with immediate effect.
According to a notification, Jayant Singh, deputy commissioner of police (DCP)-Crime, Guwahati has been transferred and posted as superintendent of police (SP), Dima Hasao.
Sumeet Sharma, SP (vigilance and anti-corruption-I), Guwahati is allowed to hold additional charge of SP (CM Special Vigilance Cell), Guwahati, in addition to his existing duties and until further order.
Bir BIkram Gogoi, SP, Dima Hasao is transferred and posted as commandant, 23rd AP (IR) Bn, Karbi Anglong.
Rosie Kalita, SP (CM’s Special Vigilance Cell), Guwahati is transferred and posted as DCP (Crime), Guwahati.
Surya Kanta Morang, deputy superintendent of police (DSP) (HQ), Dima Hasao is transferred and posted as DSP, 21st AP (IR) Bn, Katlichera, Hailakandi.
Borkiri Terang, assistant commandant, 2nd APBn, Makum is transferred and posted as DSP (HQ), Dima Hasao.
- Scoop: Exploring the perils of crime reporting and the fight for justice
- Assam: Public land protection cells to redress encroachment issues
- Odisha train crash: 40 passengers may have died of electrocution
- Concerted effort needed for peace in Manipur: Prof Meijinlung Kamson
- Conrad, Himanta showing interest in solving state-border dispute: BJP
- Five arrested in Arunachal-Assam border shooting that killed 2