Guwahati: Seven more persons have been tested positive for COVID-19 in the state on Thursday. This takes the state’s tally to 86 cases, State health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced this in his Twitter.
Among the seven persons tested positive, all are the patients and attendants who came from Mumbai and now in quarantine.
The seven persons have been identified as Manoranjan Saha, Pradip Kumar Bania, Gopindra Chandra Malakar, a 13-year-old (name withheld), P Basudev Patowari, Nilakantha Deb and Mina Rani Bania.
“7 patients & attendants who came from Mumbai & now in quarantine tested positive. Cancer: 1. Manoranjan Saha 2.Pradip Kumar Bania 3. Gopindra Chandra Malakar; Heart: 4. 13-year-old (name withheld) Attendants:5. P Basudev Patowari 6. Nilakantha Deb 7. Mina Rani Bania,” Sarma wrote in his Twitter.
Earlier on Wednesday, 15 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Guwahati, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. All the new cases are related to a person who recently tested positive in Guwahati’s Fancy Bazar.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race