DIPHU: One person from Assam, who was stranded in Tamil Nadu due to the COVID-19, has allegedly committed suicide in Tirupur on Tuesday.
The deceased has been identified as Dorsing Ronghang (28), a resident of Pharkong Abi, Longki Tokbi village under Bakalia police station in Karbi Anglong district.
He who was working at a private organisation at Tirupur in Tamil Nadu and desperately wanted to return home say he friends. He also reportedly contacted some of his friends from Karbi Anglong who were working in Tirupur in this regard.
On Tuesday, he allegedly left his room and stayed with some of his friends the whole day. It is reported that he was supposed to return home but due to the restrictions imposed during the ongoing lockdown, he couldn’t return home.
The police are investigating the case.
- Arunachal: 11 teachers from Diyun Circle honoured for excellent work
- War veteran doctor, snake catchers, ‘Rasna’ creator among Padma awardees
- Tripura tribal leader who played important role in tackling insurgency on Padma list
- In a first, Assam minister unfurls Tricolour along India-Bangla border
- ‘The Whale’ is a horror film that taps into our fear of fatness
- SDF seeks President’s rule in Sikkim