Guwahati: 1 COVID-19 infected patient has been discharged from Mahendra Mohan Choudhary Hospital in Guwahati on Wednesday after successively testing negative. With this, the total no. of discharged patients in Assam stands at 39 of total 64 cases.
Informing about the development, state health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, “Glad that one #COVID19 patient, after testing negative successively, has been discharged from MMCH today taking the total recovered patients to 39.”
The news of discharge of a patient has come as a relief after several new COVID-19 cases flooded Assam in the past week.
Currently, Assam has 64 cases with 1 patient who migrated to Bihar, 22 active cases, 39 discharged and 2 fatalities.
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing
- Cops, ‘encroachers’ clash in Sipajhar: Assam govt orders judicial inquiry
- China calls for lifting sanctions on Taliban-controlled Afghanistan
- Arunachal: Highway thrills for some, potholes & accidents for others
- Snatching accused shot at while trying to flee, say Assam Police
- Ex-gratia for kin of persons committing suicide in 30 days of being COVID positive: Centre to SC