New Delhi: Former Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh was released from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) hospital in Delhi on Tuesday afternoon, almost two days after he was admitted to the leading hospital of the country after he complained of chest pain.
During his stay in the hospital, the renowned economist and veteran Congress leader had to undergo numerous medical tests. Sources said doctors at AIIMS have declared him to be stable now.
Meanwhile, sources in the Congress party said that the 87-year-old Congress leader underwent a series of medical tests in the two days of his hospital stay. “He is perfectly alright in all the tests and was now resting at home,” sources said.
Singh had been placed under the care of Dr Nitish Naik from the cardiology department of AIIMS. “He was tested for COVID-19 just as a precaution, and the result came back negative,” said hospital sources.
Punjab CM Capt Amarinder Singh took to Twitter to react to the development. “Extremely happy to know that Dr Manmohan Singh Ji’s health is stable now and he has been discharged from AIIMS. Sir, we pray for your complete and early recovery and are looking forward to your mentorship,” he tweeted.
- Nagaland observes World Tuberculosis Day
- TB to be eliminated by 2025: Manipur health minister Sapam Ranjan Singh
- India’s largest hydropower project to commence soon: Arunachal Dy CM
- Manipur: One PLA insurgent arrested in Bishnupur
- Does it matter what time I go to bed?
- Charred bodies of 3 Mizoram residents found inside Myanmar territory