Guwahati: In continuation of the orders issued by the Union ministry of home affairs (MHA) for the movement of persons by train, new standard operating procedures were laid down on Monday.
According to the new guidelines, movement of trains shall be permitted by the ministry of railways (MoR) in a graded fashion. This will be done in consultation with the ministry of health and family welfare (MoHFW) and the MHA. The train schedule, protocols of booking, entry, and movement of passengers and coach service specifications will be publicised by the MoR and only those passengers with confirmed e-tickets will be allowed to enter the station.
Even the movement of drivers for the transportation of passengers to and from the railway station will be allowed on the basis of confirmed e-tickets. At the stations, where the movement is allowed, the MoR will ensure the compulsory screening and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board the train.
Additionally, all passengers will be handed sanitizers at the entry and exit points and also in the coaches. Donning of masks and covers is a necessity by all the passengers. Also, maintenance of physical distancing is a must even while traveling in the trains.
Health advisories will also be circulated by MoR through Information Education and Communication (IEC) campaign by the state/UT for the passengers as well as for the staff which they have to follow on arrival to their destinations, the new SOP said.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity