Jorhat: Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday inaugurated the 50-bedded ICU at Jorhat Medical College & Hospital (JMCH) in Jorhat district. He also took stock of preparedness of the medical teams and infrastructure to deal with COVID-19 while interacting with the doctors at JMCH.
The health minister took to Twitter to mention, “Pleased to inaugurate 50-bed state-of-art, fully functional ICU at Jorhat Medical College & Hospital today.”
He also mentioned that the facility is fitted with ventilators and oxygen equipment and shall bolster the preparedness to fight COVID-19. Sarma was accompanied by minister of health & family welfare Pijush Hazarika, MP from Jorhat Topon Kumar Gogoi and MLA Kamakhya Prasad Tasa.
Earlier in the morning, the health minister also visited Kaziranga University in Jorhat where a screening and quarantine facility has been set up. The facility at the university will be used to screen and quarantine stranded people coming from other states.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel