Jorhat: Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday inaugurated the 50-bedded ICU at Jorhat Medical College & Hospital (JMCH) in Jorhat district. He also took stock of preparedness of the medical teams and infrastructure to deal with COVID-19 while interacting with the doctors at JMCH.
The health minister took to Twitter to mention, “Pleased to inaugurate 50-bed state-of-art, fully functional ICU at Jorhat Medical College & Hospital today.”
He also mentioned that the facility is fitted with ventilators and oxygen equipment and shall bolster the preparedness to fight COVID-19. Sarma was accompanied by minister of health & family welfare Pijush Hazarika, MP from Jorhat Topon Kumar Gogoi and MLA Kamakhya Prasad Tasa.
Earlier in the morning, the health minister also visited Kaziranga University in Jorhat where a screening and quarantine facility has been set up. The facility at the university will be used to screen and quarantine stranded people coming from other states.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation