Guwahati: Two more persons tested positive for COVID-19 Assam, taking the total tally to 64 so far. While one of them hails from Morigaon, the other is a resident of Guwahati, announced Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Taking to Twitter, the minister said: “Alert ~ 2 persons are tested #COVID19 + in Guwahati. One originally hails from Morigaon, while other is from Guwahati itself.”
In various press meets in the recent week, the health minister had stated his concerns over the rise of novel coronavirus patients with no travel history in Guwahati. He had, therefore, urged everyone to follow strict physical distancing norms and the usage of masks at all time.
On May 8, the state government had already declared four containment zones in the city — two boys hostels at Gauhati Medical College & Hospital (GMCH), Dr B Borooah Cancer Institue and Amiya Nagar. This also includes the residential boundary of Dr Dilip Baruah; south: boundary of nurses hostel GMCH; east: residential boundary of Jogeswari Kalita and Kailash Kalita; west: Dental College Road.
- Northeast Launchpad: Top participants at the event
- Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar named brand ambassador for Topcem Cement
- US occupation of Afghanistan prevented Afghan self-determination
- Nagaland Lottery September 27: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result
- Manipur: Ima Keithel re-opens after five months, tributes paid to those lost to Covid-19
- UAE-based Assamese businessman donates 2 ALS ambulances to AMC