Guwahati: Mother’s Day amid the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has shown new ways for children to express their love and gratitude to their mothers. One such example set was by Assam minister and senior Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) leader Atul Bora. In a unique approach, Bora maintained social distancing while seeking his mother’s blessings.
The minister of agriculture, horticulture and food processing shared an image on Twitter showing this approach, and wrote, “In times of adversity, it’s a mother’s blessings that give us strength to overcome the crisis. For me, my Mother is a source of genuine love & inspiration, an embodiment of courage & tolerance. My heartfelt greetings to all mothers of the world on the occasion of #mothersday2020.”
The minister’s move was lauded by netizens, one user while giving a thumbs up, wrote, “You having to be in public on official duty, so paying obesiance to her from a distance so as to not risk her health. Super- like your sensitivity [sic].”
While the world is maintaining social distancing norms during this time of crisis, such occasions can be celebrated keeping in mind few simple things which can safeguard our loved ones from any adverse impact.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence