Guwahati: Eighty-five students who were under observation at Sarusajai Stadium’s quarantine facility in Guwahati have been discharged on Saturday night after they tested negative for COVID-19.
These students, studying at different institutions across Rajasthan and Gujarat, had returned to Assam earlier this month. They were lodged at the facility as a precautionary measure.
Informing about their discharge, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, “85 students, studying at different institutions in Rajasthan & Gujarat, who were under quarantine at Sarusajai Stadium, have been discharged after their tests were clear.
We admire the tenacity of these boys in staying put as per instructions, and supporting us. Best wishes.”
Earlier on May 5, 124 students who had returned from Kota, Rajasthan were released from Sarusajai Stadium in Guwahati after they tested negative for COVID-19.
- New COVID antibody treatment may offer up to 18 months’ protection
- 41 pc more rainfall in India from Oct 1-21, Uttarakhand records five times higher rain: IMD
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs