Agartala: A woman was allegedly killed by her husband with a sharp weapon during a quarrel over an alleged illicit relationship in the intervening night of Friday and Saturday in AD Nagar police station areas, said Sadar sub-divisional police officer (SDPO) Anirban Das.
Speaking with reporters, Das said that the deceased has been identified as Anima Chakraborty. She was married to Gautam Chakraborty. The couple lived with their son in Srinagar area.
“We received information about the death of a woman after which we rushed to the spot and recovered the body which had marks of sharp weapon cuts. The dog squad was also called for an investigation,” Das said.
He also said that the husband of the deceased is absconding and the police have started searches across the area.
A relative of the deceased denied her illicit relationship and said that Gautam continued to torture his wife for months. He did not like her working and earn for the family. “Anima’s son was at their uncles’ place on Friday night, Taking that advantage, Gautam must have killed her and left the place,” relatives alleged.
The SDPO also said that the body has been sent for post-mortem and further investigation is on by the AD Nagar police station.
- India facing new war paradigm on borders: Rahul on China’s infra ramp up
- Two pilots injured as Army chopper crash lands in J&K
- APCC raises suspicion over Assam CM’s talks with NSCN(IM)
- International Day of Peace 2021: Why is it celebrated?
- Nagaland Lottery September 21: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Nagaland ranks sixth in State Food Safety Index among small states