Shillong: The Meghalaya government on Saturday decided to make some major relaxations for all the districts in the state, while providing partial relief to Shillong agglomeration after another COVID-19 positive case was reported from the capital on Saturday.
Deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong informed that the government has now decided to allow all types of shops across all districts, excluding Shillong agglomeration, which are under the green zone from Monday.
Concerning public transportation, as against the earlier order allowing 25%, it has now been increased to 50%. “Private transportation will be allowed up to 50% outside Shillong agglomeration. So, 50% public and 50% private transportation in all districts, excluding Shillong agglomeration, will be allowed beginning May 11, 2020,” informed Tynsong.
Plying of public and private transportation will be done on a rotational basis, for which the DCs of the respective districts have been entrusted to work out a plan.
Tynsong also informed that starting Monday, all automobile and stationery shops will be opened in Shillong excluding Iewduh and Police Bazaar, which will continue to remain closed.
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises