Shillong: Meghalaya reported a fresh case of COVID-19 after a gap of almost 19 days. The patient was working in the same house as that of the index patient.
The latest positive case was found after the health department was retesting all the primary contacts of the index case. The patient is said to be safe and healthy and showing no symptoms.
CM Conrad K Sangma took to Twitter to announce the development. “Unfortunately we have another positive case in Shillong. It’s a person working in the same house. As a precaution health department was retesting all the primary contacts and in the process we found this positive case. The person is safe and healthy and showing no symptoms,” he tweeted.
The last COVID-19 positive case in Meghalaya was reported on April 20. The patient is a close friend of the family of the index case.
With the latest case, the total tally in Meghalaya has gone up to 13, including one death. Ten of them have so far ‘recovered’.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border