New Delhi: Dismissing all the recent allegations of ill-health, Union home minister Amit Shah on Saturday took to Twitter to clarify that those were all but rumours. The home minister is healthy and is not suffering from any disease, he clarified in a lengthy post written in Hindi.
Home minister Amit Shah has deliberately decided to work from behind the stage and let authorities do the talking, as his ministry handles the biggest challenge presented by the worldwide pandemic.
“I want to make it clear that I am completely healthy and that I do not suffer from any disease,” the home minister wrote. Several Twitter users had speculated about the 55-year-old minister’s health.
Shah added, “The country is currently fighting a global pandemic like corona and I am busy being the home minister of the country, and so I did not pay any attention to all of this. When this came to my notice late at night, I thought that all these people should enjoy their speculations. So that’s why I did not give any clarification.”
“But many of my party workers and my well-wishers have expressed a lot of concern for the last two days. Since I cannot ignore their concern, I wanted to clarify today that I am perfectly healthy and that I do not have any disease.”
The home minister also expressed his gratitude to all his well-wishers and all the party workers for showcasing concern about his health. However, he took a jibe at those spreading rumours and stated that such speculations and rumours will only make him stronger.
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first
- Sri Lankan lynching in Pak: Over 800 booked under terrorism charges
- Tripura: Rifleman guns down colleagues in Sepahijala
- Indian-American mathematician among three selected for Ciprian Foias Prize