Guwahati: After Dr Deepa Deka, a student from Regional Dental College, Guwahati became the 59th COVID-19 case in Assam on Friday night, the entire girls’ hostel campus has been declared as containment zone, and sealed, with effect from Saturday until further notified.
The boundary of the containment zone is- north: the residential boundary of Dr Dilip Baruah; south: boundary of nurses hostel GMCH; east: residential boundary of Jogeswari Kalita and Kailash Kalita; west: Dental College Road.
The Deputy Commissioner’s office of Kamrup (metro) in an order said unauthorised entry or exit is barred in the zone till it is declared safe as per Union ministry of health and welfare guidelines. Also, the movement of any unauthorised individual or vehicle is prohibited with immediate effect.
Any violation will attract action under the provisions of “The Assam COVID-19 Regulations, 2020”, “The Disaster Management Act-2005”, “The Epidemic Diseases Act, 1987” and other relevant laws, cautioned the order.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border