Guwahati: After a PG student of Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) in Guwahati tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday night, the primary government healthcare institution of Assam has been closed for new patients for the next few days.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that every person who came in contact with the student will be screened. Also, the entire premises of GMCH will be sanitised.
Meanwhile, special arrangements will be in place for the patients already admitted and collection of new swab samples said Sarma.
Informing about the same, the minister tweeted, “A PG student at Guwahti Medical College has tested COVID positive last night. Consequently we have to screen everyone who came in contact with him and sanitize the entire GMCH premises. As such we have to close the hospital for new patients for next few days.”
He added, “Although we are closing the hospital (GMCH)for new patients, special arrangements will be in place for patient already admitted and collection of new swab samples. Soliciting cooperation and understanding from all, in the interest of public safety.”
On Thursday night, four persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Guwahati, taking the state’s tally to 53.
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity
- Manipur Police marks 130th Raising Day, CM says memorial park nearing completion