Shillong: The lone active COVID-19 case in Meghalaya has once again tested positive — the fourth time since he contracted the novel coronavirus.
The patient is the 11th case in the state and is also a primary contact of the index patient. The patient will once again be tested on Monday, according to health minister AL Hek.
On Friday, Hek informed that the patient tested positive for the fourth time. In the first retest, the patient tested negative, but during the second and third retests, the patient tested positive, now in the fourth one.
With further inputs from the deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong, he informed that the condition of the patient is stable. The health department will carry out the fifth test on Monday. “We will continue to test the 11th patient’s sample until it tests negative since that is the protocol carried out all over the world,” said Tynsong.
Tynsong informed that the state so far has collected 2,165 samples, of which 2,083 have tested negative and the results of 70 samples are awaited.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion